Kurt Schmidheiny is Professor of Applied Econometrics at the University of Basel in Switzerland. He is also a Research Fellow at the Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR, London) and at CESifo (Munich), a member of the executive committee of the Urban Economics Association and of the editorial board of the Journal of Urban Economics.
His research focuses on tax competition, fiscal federalism and urban economics. His work is published in the Journal of Political Economy, Economic Journal, Journal of Public Economics, Journal of Urban Economics, Regional Science and Urban Economics, and Journal of Economic Geography.
→ Profile at the University of Basel
- 7 July 2016: Article in the Wall Street Journal Blog about wealth paper: Wealth Taxes Make Swiss Cheese of Declared Wealth.
- 4 July 2016: New NBER working paper with Marius Brülhart (Lausanne), Jonathan Gruber (MIT) and Matthias Krapf (Lausanne) on "Taxing Wealth: Evidence from Switzerland".
- 22. und 29. Juni 2016: Interview zur "Unternehmenssteuerreform III" auf Telebasel.
- 16 June 2016: Teaching on "Taxes and Cities" at UEA/IEB Summer School in Barcelona.
- 10 June 2016: Keynote lecture at the 2016 Congress of the Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics in Lugano.
- 4. Juni 2016: Vorlesung "Raumökonomie" am Center for Urban & Real Estate Management (CUREM) der Universität Zürich.